We have not always been the best parents, I won’t even say the word “perfect”. I’m not sure we’ve ever done anything perfectly when it has come to raising children. As a matter of fact, we were practically children, having children. We barely knew how to take care of ourselves. And… we didn’t alway treat our parenting responsibility as the number one priority. Again, we were kids, 22 and 23 when we had our first.
Through out the years, of our children growing up and us too, we learned that raising children has to be a priority in our lives. And pretty much the number one priority, behind God and our marriage. As I’m sure you already know, it’s not an easy task, to put what seems like your whole life on hold, to raise children.
As humans, we tend to be self-centered, self-consumed, and out to please ourselves. It’s part of the human condition. However, we are responsible for making things right, and controlling ourselves and prioritizing our lives. We must take care of our responsibilities, no matter how hard they are.
When you decided to have children, why did you want them? We all have different reason, but ultimately, we wanted that someone to love and to love us back. Someone to be a part of our family, to enjoy, to teach and grow up with.
Somewhere along the way in our children’s young lives, we get lost in work, activities, other priorities that don’t line up with the responsibly and priority of raising children.
No one is perfect and we all slip away from important priorities from time to time. But, if we focus and make a plan of how to stay on top of our important priorities, our children, then we will have a better success rate.
Raising Children Outweighs every other responsibility!
- The tasks of mothers and fathers is to build men and women. This should not be left to the government, schools or peers.
- Construct them stone upon stone. Never assuming for a moment we can go off and do our own thing without some kind of serious consequences.
- If you choose to have children, they should be your highest priority. Remember this is only for a period of time, not forever. It won’t be always required of you, before you know it, your children will be all grown up.
- The children we have been blessed with, have been loaned to us for a brief time. Raising them outranks every other responsibility.
- If you live by raising your children as top priority while they are young, the reward you will reap will be of the greatest.
- It’s not enough to be simply at home with our children and let them do what they want and fend for themselves. You need to be active and presently available for them, always.
- We only have our children for a few short years. That time needs to be spent teaching them your values and beliefs.
Just remember, it’s only a short period of time that you will have to delay some of your favorite things. I know during those early years of raising children, it can seem like forever. But I promise, just like everyone else says, they will be grown before you know it.
You’ll be launching them into adulthood, whether college, a trade, a family or a career faster than you can blink. And when that happens, your heart will hurt and cry for the times when they were little and you could just hug them and hold them for as long as you wanted.
The reward is too great to miss out on if you don’t take the time and effort to make raising your children a number one priority.
Get Your Free Manners Printable
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and receive your FREE printable manner checklist for your son or daughter!