If you are married, you have likely experienced a time when someone or something has tried to split apart your marriage. It may have even happened before your marriage vows. Why is that?
There is no one more than the enemy that wants to steal, kill and destroy anything good. Especially when two people have united as one as husband and wife. Why do you think there is such a huge battle right now in the marriage-front? It seems everyday, the media is more and more against the sanctity and unification of marriage. They are turning traditional marriage into a thing of the past, a thing of hate, a thing of segregation.Let no one split apart what God has joined together Click To Tweet
But is it the media or the enemy? I don’t think per se, that the media is the enemy. It is just the enemy’s number one source to get you to listen. It’s his way to deceive you and to destroy anything good in your life, especially your marriage.
However, not only is the media a source of division, but others can be too. Not only others, but things as well.
Well meaning friends and family can be one source for trying to split apart your marriage. The Bible tells us in Mark 10:8-9, that when two are united into one, to let NO ONE split apart what God has joined together. (**Now, if there is abuse or something terrible, then please, seek professional counseling. I never would want anyone’s life in danger.)
Friends and family can sometimes take things we tell them the wrong way, and pit against our spouse. Maybe we were just venting, and now they want nothing more than to protect you and your feelings from getting hurt, again, no matter what the cost is. Although, they seem to be well-meaning, NO ONE is to split apart your marriage.
You may have to hold your tongue when venting to certain people, including loving siblings and parents or a bff. If you notice that they are not good at letting you vent, without plotting against your spouse, then you may want to find someone that you can trust with an open heart and open ears, that will listen, and only give advice when asked.
There may be some of you that don’t have anyone you can talk to. If there seems to be no one that you can talk to, without them judging your spouse. Then take it to God. Vent to God. Give your burdens to Him. Let him carry you through the hard times.
Not only are there people that will try to split your marriage apart, but things can too. What do I mean by things?
You know! You say yes to everything that heads your way. You serve at school, church, the community center, your job and anything else you can think of. You overbook your schedule with activities that really aren’t necessary or beneficial to you, your marriage or family.
You really need to figure out what is important in your life. Is it your marriage or your community schedule? Your husband needs you. Your children need you. (A great book for learning how to say, “no,” is called Boundaries. That book did wonders for me and I know it can help you get control of your daily life too.)
Steps to Help You Keep Your Marriage Together!
1. Recognize who or what is trying to split you apart.
2. Separate yourself from what is trying to split you apart (if it’s friends or family, you may only need to do this for a short time, until you are strong enough to not listen or take advice from them, even if they are well-meaning)
3. Pray about your marriage. Get in the Word, find out what God’s telling you about your situation and your marriage.
4. Talk to your spouse. Communication is one of the most important things in a marriage. Lack of communication (with your spouse) means lack of marriage which equals lack of happiness.
5. Have a plan for when strife enters your marriage. Who can you talk to that you trust? How will you manage your time, if your calendar is out of control?
6. Be that person that others can talk to when they are having challenges. No judging. Also, unasked for advice is criticism. Just be a great listener.
Take a look at who or what is trying to split you apart. Put a stop to it now!
Don’t let ANY ONE split apart the Great that God put together.
Get To Know Your Husband Better with this FREE Printable
Get your FREE printable to help you to get to know your husband better. You will also receive occasional blog updates and emails. You can unsubscribe at any time.