You’ve probably heard in the news, there is a war or many wars. But did you know that one of the most important battles is in your home? It’s the one you may need to be more concerned about than any other. The one that will take a real warrior. A battle that takes consistency and means that losing is not an option. Are you up for the fight?
Do you know what the number one purpose for marriage is according to scripture? It is to show the mystery of the gospel in active living form. There is an enemy that doesn’t want anyone to know what it’s like to be loved by God.
The battle for your husband is real. It’s a real threat to the institution of marriage and family. If we lose the battle for our husbands, then we will lose the war on our families.
If you’re not willing to fight. If you don’t need your husband. If you are only concerned about yourself, then don’t worry about going any further. Stop here!
BUT, if family is important to you. If your children are one of the reasons you live, then keep reading.
If you’re still reading, then I’m assuming you’re ready to go into battle. This will be no easy war. There will be pain, hurts and tears.
You will have to make some hard decisions. Decisions of being consistent. Willing to give of yourself to battle for him. Take your eyes off of yourself!
Don’t worry though. We, wives, are right there with you. We are in this war, fighting by your side. Together we are strong. Together we will win.
It will get really tough. Activities and people will try to steal your time. Steal the possibility of winning the battle. Don’t let them!
It’s time to assume a new fighting position!! Get on your knees and let’s fight.
The Battle Plan:
- Get a prayer journal or notebook.
- Write down your prayers. Don’t try to remember them in your head. Write them down.
- Find a time, any time, even if it’s only for 5 minutes.
- Go to your prayer closet or somewhere you won’t be interrupted during that time.
- Let your family know that you will be busy for ___ minutes. That unless the house is burning down, everything can wait until you are through.
- Write down answered prayers in your notebook.
- Return tomorrow. This is an ongoing battle. Don’t give up. Don’t quit. You are a Warrior Wife!
Example of Prayers for your Husband (use these or search for your own)
- My husband will trust in you Lord with all of his heart, and he will not lean on his own understanding. He will acknowledge you Lord in all of his ways and You Lord will make his paths straight. – Proverbs 3:5-6
- Father, open the eyes of my husband’s heart to understand Your Word, so that he won’t be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of his mind so that he may know Your good, acceptable and perfect will for his life and our marriage. -Romans 12:2
- Lord, help my husband to commit his works to You, and his plans will be established. – Proverbs 16:3
- Help his ways to be pleasing to you Lord, even his enemies will be at peace with him. Proverbs 16:7
- Lord, don’t let my husband abandon wisdom, as it will watch over him. Let him love wisdom, and it will guard him. Wisdom is supreme, let him seek and get wisdom. And anything else he gets, let it be understanding. Let him cherish wisdom and it will exalt him. If he embraces wisdom, it will honor him. – Proverbs 4:6-8
- Lord, Let my husband’s eyes look straight ahead, and fix his eyes on what lies before him. Help him to mark out a straight path for his feet and to stay on the safe path. – Proverbs 4:25-26
- Lord, let wisdom will always rescue my husband from a forbidden woman, from any with her flattering talk. – Proverbs 2:16
- Lord, help my husband to not fear sudden danger or the ruin of the wicked when it comes, for you Lord will be his confidence and will keep his foot from a snare. – Proverbs 3:25-26
- Lord, help my husband to be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave us all. – Ephesians 4:32
- Lord, give my husband a discerning heart to know Your great love for him and the great plans You have for him and our family. Plans to prosper and not to harm, to give us hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11
- Father, may the favor of the Lord rest on my husband. Bless and establish the work of his hands and his heart. – Psalm 90:17
Resources for more prayers to use:
5 Powerful Prayers Every Wife Needs to Pray Over Her Husband
Books to read:
[Article includes affiliate links]
Get Great Marriage & Family Resources
Subscribe to get the latest in Marriage & Family news and resources