It’s always the right time to tell him that you love him! And what better way to tell him than to express it in his Love Language?
We all have different ways of expressing love and receiving it. Most of the times, it’s not the same as our spouses. When we learn how our spouse speaks love, then we can understand how to fulfill his needs better.
There has been many times when we feel like our husband doesn’t appreciate the way we show love to him. It’s not that he doesn’t appreciate it, it’s just not speaking to him and he doesn’t understand that is the way you express love. It’s a communication gap that can be fixed.
When we marry, we’re not in it just for ourselves and for us to be the only one satisfied and fulfilled when it comes to feeling loved. It can actually be quite selfish of us not to express love in terms of how our spouse speaks it. I know this, because I was selfish when it came to giving my hubby love in his terms.
Today, we have endless resources for learning about each other and how to improve our relationship with our spouses. The marriage books, websites and seminars are endless. But, they will do no good, if you don’t use them AND apply them to your life.
To learn a bit more, read my post on the Five Love Languages. I also highly recommend getting the book The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. You can also take the Love Languages assessment here to learn your Love Language.
20 Ways to Say I Love You
Below is a list of 4 ways for each Love Language to express love (you can also get a pdf printable of this list and more when you subscribe to Marriage and Family Today **BONUS: receive your discount for 30% off the Capture His Heart Marriage Journal in your inbox for a Valentines Day special!).
1. Massage: Hands, feet or full body!!
2. Manicure: Some guys really like this and what a romantic way for you to do it!
3. Sit close to him during a movie or favorite TV show
4. Snuggle with him in bed at night, or take time out for a nap and cuddles
5. Get his favorite desert from his favorite bakery
6. Toys: Techy stuff, outdoor games, indoor games
7. Practical Gifts: Tools, office supplies, yard supplies, etc.
8. Gift Certificate to their favorite place
Acts of Service
9. Make his favorite treat or dinner
10. Spring clean the house
11. Redo your bedroom and make it a romantic safe haven for relaxing
12. Take his car in for an oil change
13. Plan a lunch near his work (or picnic)
14. Take a walk at his favorite place and focus on him
15. You completely plan a date night, surprise him!
16. Watch his favorite show or sport with him and turn everything else off (put your phone away!)
Words of Affirmation
17. Write down 10 things you admire or appreciate about him
18. Leave little love notes around the house or in his car for him to find
19. Find him the perfect card with just the right words
20. Write him a poem
Share Your Ideas
There are so many more and you may have a lot of ideas to add to this list. Share with us in the comments your favorite way to receive love. Also, what have you done to express your love to your spouse in terms of his or her Love Language?
Get Your Free Printable
Enter your name & email to get your FREE printable in your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time, but we hope you don't!